November 23, 2008

Sad

We got Jake for Brooklyn's 4th birthday. He was only 8 weeks old. Jake was so loving and playful from the beginning. Every time we went outside to walk or play he was so excited and just happy to be with us.

We posted him up on the Odell's bulletin board because we are moving and the new house owners do not tolerate animals. I really didn't think we'd be able to find a family for him in time. We are moving this Friday!

I had several phone calls from a couple families but the second family was really excited to get him. They'd been looking for a lab dog. Their mom had labs. The father told me that his son has gone through dog training classes and I felt so good to know that Jake would be well taken care of. Today is Jake's 1st birthday too.
This truly was a blessing. I was really stressing about how we were going to find a good home for Jake in time.

I didn't realize how sad I'd be when we gave him away. He really was a sweet and cheerful part of our family. Any time we felt bad we'd go out to sit with Jake and he'd cheer you up in no time.
Good bye Jake. I know you will love your new family.










1 comment:

Amanda said...

cute pictures. I think its hard not to get attached to dogs. Especially labs. Bye Jake