December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Today we drove up to Jer's parents house to eat dinner. Mom Smith and I split up the food so we didn't have too much to make. I made the sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin turtle pie, Cranberry Cherry dish (I forgot it at home but I did make it.) and I made mom a truffle chocolate cake for her birthday.
Cindy made the turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole and a fruit salad. YUM! Everything was so good.

I love Thanksgiving, not only for the great food but also for the warm memories and family you get to be around.

I'm so thankful for my family. They are so wonderful. Both my parents and grandparents but also my extended family and my in laws. I feel so lucky to have all of them in my life. I'm especially grateful this year for my kids and wonderful husband. It is so amazing to watch these children grow and learn. I love you Jer for being there for me every step of the way!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!




2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok we had better food, but you had better company. WIshed we could of been there. Next year for sure!!! love the pictures by the way

Candi said...

thanks! We missed you guys too. :o(