December 8, 2008

Washing machine blues...

Just when everything is starting to work out, you get thrown a curve ball! We already knew that we needed to replace our kitchen sink faucet and bathroom tub faucet. I've finally gotten my head wrapped around the idea that we are going to have to do a little work in this house.

Saturday night I started a load in our washing machine. I noticed it wasn't draining and it starting making a really loud and funny noise. We started dumping the water into a bucket and when we were almost through draining the machine, I remembered that we have a fish tank hose to syphon it. Jer worked for a long time to figure out the problem. I guess the hose was plugged up. Thank goodness I have a handy husband. I would have been so lost on how to fix it. Jer got a lot of water on the floor in the process of fixing the machine so we had tons of towels down sopping it us and our little home fan.
So Sunday morning comes around and Jer starts the washing machine to make sure it really is fixed and what do we find? A huge mess! Water was everywhere! The pipe for the cold water had leaked all over so Jer fixed it and he had to get some heavy duty fans from work to help dry us out.
Now everything is fixed and working properly. I'm just so grateful we didn't have to buy a new washing machine! I don't know how we would have afforded that.

3 comments:

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

Candi I'm sorry that sucks but I'm glad that your washing machine is ok.

Amanda said...

Glad things are fixed for you guys. But try not to do laundry on sunday or you will be punished again! ha ha just kidding Love ya

The Merrills said...

So crappy! Sunday is my cleaning day too :) Maybe that's why we had to replace our dryer a few month ago. But hey, at least it's still working for you. Count your blessings!