November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

October 31st started off just like any other Friday, then reality hit... That morning a friend of mine invited us over for a visit. It was so nice to sit and talk while our kids played. I left her house around noon and just in time too since the rest of the day was one big whirl wind. I got the kids home and made them some lunch, then I got all their Halloween stuff together to take to Grandma and Grandpa Mo's house. We stopped by Walmart on the way to get film for my camera. I got the kids dressed and ready just in time for Aunt Courtney to come home from work to help me take them around Sterling to all the shops. Thank goodness for her too since it was crazyville. She and I took them to the sterling wreck center and it was really cute. They had a Olympic swimming theme. After that, we took them to burger king for some dinner. That was a mistake since the line in that place was like waiting in line for a water ride! The last place of the day was our church's trunk or treat. I only stayed long enough for the kids to see their dad and play some games then left. I was pooped! So were the kids until they hit their sugar high! Ahh

Mason was too cute in his chaps and cowboy garb. Jer's mom got the material and pattern. I sewed the vest and ties to the chaps. I'm proud of it if I say so myself. :o)

Brooklyn was so excited to be Jasmin this year! This was Jer's sister's costume growing up. It only needed a few stitches here and there to fix some holes. I added a little sequins to the neckline and a silver belt around the waist. Brook was adorable! She told me after she got dressed that her name wasn't Brooklyn anymore it was Jasmin. haha!
Here they are. Its so hard to get them both to smile at the same time let alone look at the camera. ugg.




5 comments:

Surat Diaries said...

The kids look so cute in their costumes, you did a great job. I have sewing on my list of things to learn to do. I'll get to it one day.

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

They are adorable. I have a feeling that brook's costume was to big because it totally was like a bikini on me and that's why I had to wear a shirt under it.

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

they both look soo adorable. I'm sure they both had a great time. You did a really good job making those costumes. I wish I could do that. I don't know how to sew maybe one day i will learn. Good talking to you!

Amanda said...

oh how cute. Love little masons cowboy outfit perfect for logan in a few years.

Candi said...

Yeah logie is welcome to it next year! I left it at your mom's house so my kids wond destroy it. haha