November 3, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference...

Today I had my first parent teacher conference for brook. Brooklyn's teacher was so nice. She genuinely cares about the kids. Brooklyn sure has come a long way since she started school. I tried to teach brook at home for a while but I just broke down. She has really blossomed in a social setting. Her teacher says that she is a good listener and raises her hand. Brook is the first one to get up and try new things. She is Miss Jen's little Ice Breaker. Brooklyn gets so dramatic about things that the next thing she knows the whole class gets up and wants to try too. It made me so proud of her. I really feel lucky to have her amazing personality in our family.

Brooklyn now knows how to write her whole first name. This is a huge deal to us since for the longest time she only wrote Broo since her name was too long. haha
She knows all her colors and shapes. She knows the sounds of all the letters and needs more time to connect the sound with its shape.

Today has really shown me how grown up my little baby girl is getting! I'm so thankful for my daughter. She is the light of my life. She has brought back to this earth a little part of my mom that I lost when she died and now I know that if she ever wants to get to know her grandma someday all she has to do is look in the mirror and she is there. I love you brook. Keep on growing and let your amazing light shine for everyone to see hun.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a sweet post. We just love brook can't imgaine her not in our lives. Love you guys. Make sure you don't sign that lease tell he does all the things he promises to do.