February 24, 2009


Brooklyn is now my big 5 year old. Some people my not like it but we have decided that she is old enough to have a job chart. It really will be a big benefit to her as she gets older. I know I was given a lot of responsibilities when I was younger, looking back on them now they really have shaped me into the responsible person I am today. Of coarse Brooklyn will not have the amount of jobs I had to do simply because she has a healthy mom to do those tasks. We are hoping that she will feel some pride in her work and learn how to take care of her responsibilities through this experience.
I made 52 spaces on the chart for 7 check marks for each day. Once she gets all 7 she will then get a sticker for the space. After about 3 or 4 stickers we will give her a small surprise. I left room on the chart to add Mason's jobs on there as well. He is a little young still but he'll start with his toys and move on to more as he gets older. They are both pretty excited about this chart.

2 comments:

Surat Diaries said...

I don't think a few chores will hurt at all. I've been thinking about doing something similar with Hailee to get her in the habit of making her bed.

Unknown said...

Some great chores for Bethany to do involve dishes - put them in the sink, put away clean silverware, stack bowls and plates out of dishwasher.

I need to be better about making her clean up her room. It seems like it is always a wreck, maybe the chart idea would work for us too.

tyvm for the cake recipe, it seems easy enough for me to do...