March 22, 2011

1st black eye...


Today our land lord's realtor came to take pictures of the house so he can put them up on his website. I was going a little nuts making sure things were straight and put together. (We did JUST move in) Things were bound to be a little scattered. We explained to him how nice it was to have the basement as a play room. I was kinda priding myself on how great it is to let the kids run around downstairs in the basement. They could basically roll around as much as they want.

Well, I was proven wrong tonight. Mason was trying to tag Brook while she was running and I guess she didn't see the bottom steps. She face planted and got her very first black eye. I don't know if any other mom's feel this way but I get conflicted when my kids get hurt like this. 1st I wonder why they don't listen to me when I ask them to STOP running and 2nd I feel terrible when they are hurting. I tend to start out stern and then I always melt and it drives Jer nuts I think. Ha ha.

Poor Brook was SO upset. I think she was mostly afraid that she looked bad. She looked in the mirror then came out and said, mom its purple! I told her yes and it just needs to go away with time and that she needed to keep the ice on it, it would help with the swelling. Then she said, but I don't want to look bad!
Poor little girl. I hope she'll learn to not run around when we tell her to.... Probably not, but I can hope.

3 comments:

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

Poor baby girl. Give her kisses from Aunt jillz. Give her loves that looks like it hurts soo bad

Amanda said...

Wow that does look bad. We won't tell her though. Girls this age are so sensitve to what they look like. Tell her we love her and hope it heals fast. love ya

baileymom said...

Growing up isn't fun without a few mishaps. It hurts right now but will be something to laugh about in the future. It's just too bad it has to hurt. Sorry about that!