July 31, 2010

projects...

I would love this taupe grey wall color! (refer to my remark below)

This morning I found the first of our garden spoils. I have a ton of tomatoes big and green just waiting to ripen. I always get so excited when we can finally eat from our very own garden.Jer helped me make these pallet shelves for the kids books. I got the idea from my cousin Jamie and I just loved how inventive and useful it was. You just take old wooden pallets (the more roughed up the better I say) and cut off the end and add a bottom and wah la! I put one in our living room over the kids table and three in the kid's bedrooms. I was amazed at how many books they hold! The only thing that I can't stand is the fact that I know they would look so much better against a painted wall but because we are renting that is not possible. Just a imagine a nice grey taupe behind them.












3 comments:

jamie said...

Lookin' good! Glad to see that you loved the idea as much as we did. And super easy, right?

Candi said...

Thanks for the idea! It was super easy and I love how many books they hold.

Amanda said...

That is a great idea. they look great!