July 2, 2010

How does my garden grow?

Today we were all sitting outside while daddy mowed the grass and I decided to take a couple pictures to update my gardening in a bag experiment.
1st, I have to say that I have been very surprised at how well they are doing and that they are even still alive is a huge feet!
Here is Dalli just sitting contentedly. I love that smile!

My flowers are getting so big and they are all blooming! I'm so happy. Guess my black thumb may be turning a little green after all.

My plum tomatoes are doing so well in the topsy turvy. I even have a few tomatoes growing!

The beef steak tomatoes in the bag are surviving as well. I have two growing. Yay!

Sadly one of the 4 green chili plants died but the remaining 3 are doing awesome! Lots of chillies popping out.
The best part of the bag garden is I haven't had to weed at all! Maybe trim the grass around the bags but nothing too bad. Its been great!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

looks good!

Mindi said...

Good job! Have a happy 4th...we're still in Canada enjoying our 1st festivities!

Deborah said...

what a cool idea, Candi! Your garden and your kids both look so wonderful :) I'm glad you guys are enjoying your summer.