September 6, 2008

Idaho Vacation!

The first week in September Jer and I have saved up to go to Idaho and visit Jer's sisters. We stayed with Jer's older sister Amanda and her family. Oh man do I miss the mountains. Snake River
The trip was very long. Mason and Brooklyn did a very good job of keeping entertained though. Mason is my little goof ball.
Brook's eye Dr. gave them these sunglasses. They loved them.


We got to go to the Twin Falls fair with Aunt Amanda, Uncle Dan, the kids, Aunt Jill and Uncle Steve. It was so nice to have the kids play together again. I can't believe how big they've all gotten.


Logan is such a sweet little guy. He didn't even complain when Mason squished him to death!

One of the best things that happened while we were on vacation is that Jer and I were able to go to the temple together. We haven't gone since before Mason was born and all I can say is wow! I just cried the whole time. It felt so good to get away from the world and be in that sacred place. I still feel like I'm walking on air. I can't wait to go again.



One night we took all the kids to go bowling in Burley. Ha ha that was an experience. the girls were great. They loved rolling their balls at the same time. The boys on the other hand we menaces. We tried to tie them to chairs with our belts so they didn't get hurt but that didn't last. Finally we just let them go across the room and pretend to play with the arcade games. We kept a good watch on them and they had fun spinning the wheels. When we played the adults girls against boys, Amanda just about kicked all our butts! fun times.






Our last hurrah was when Amanda, the kids, Jer and I went to The City of Rocks. It took my breath away. This beautiful world we live in never ceases to amaze me. The babies fell asleep but brook, jer, amanda and I walked around one of the big rocks. (Wish we brought our sneakers.) I can't believe some pioneers traveled this way with hand carts and wagons. I'm so grateful I live in this day and age. Holy Cow! We really needed a whole day to spend out there but we had to get back in time to pick up little Ashlyn from school. She would have had fun with us.


Doesn't this one look like a face?
Armadillo Rock








1 comment:

Amanda said...

glad you guys came. We had so much fun and I missing all the nosie around here. Come again soon