September 22, 2008

6 years and going strong...


Jer and I were so happy to celebrate our 6 year anniversary this 19th. Its hard not to think back to 2002 when we met. Jer's sister Jillian was my fun loving next door neighbor. She introduced us at a college drive in movie/dinner/dance. Jer was with someone so I just said hi and went back to hanging out with my roommates and FHE brothers. I worked at Subway to help pay for college and about a week after meeting Jer, he came in to Subway to ask me out all covered in some orange powder. I didn't know it then but Jer had 3 jobs. He worked for a plumbing company from 8am-3pm when he rushed to work at 5 county detention center from 3pm-11pm then he'd work at a motel from 11pm to 7am. After asking me on our first date Jer started stopping my my work when I got off at midnight to drive me home so I wouldn't have to bike home. I knew he was exhausted but he still made time to worry about me. After about a week of squeezing in time to see each other we knew we weren't just dating for the heck of it. It was all so quick, but at the same time I wasn't scared or confused at all. When Jer proposed to me I didn't even have to think about it since I'd spent the whole week praying about him. I knew my answer. I'd already gotten my answer. 2 months later Jer and I were married in the Washington D.C. temple. That is when our real adventure began! Now here we are 6 years later, 2 kids, 7 moves, 4 vehicles, 2 dogs and many roller coaster highs and lows. We didn't' do much this year. Jer's parents were kind enough to watch the kids for us while we went out for dinner. We were quiet for a while when we just kind of laughed and said here we are. I can honestly say that we love each other more now then we did 6 years ago. We have changed so dramatically and yet at the same time we are still the same people we were. Jer still makes me laugh until I snort and I still drive him crazy until he wants to just rip his hair out. (oh wait that has already happened! JK)

I'd just like my hubby to know that he has been the best thing to happen to me in my life. We have been so lucky to grow with and beside each other. I'm so excited for all the years to come.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Congratulations guys. That is something to be proud of. What a nice tribute to your husband Candi:-)

Amanda said...

Congrats and from a person who knows...It just gets better. Love to all.

Kerri said...

Congratulations on 6 years! Way to go!

Mindi said...

Congrats...you guys are old now!

Lauren said...

thanks! and congrats to you two on six years!