September 29, 2008

Great Granny Ella Ree

Jer's Great Grandma Ella Ree passed away Sunday morning. She was 94 years old.

I just loved this woman, not because I knew her very well but because she has helped make my husband the man he is today. Jer has told me so many stories of how they'd spend time with Granny Ree. Jer was an ornery kid and I love to hear how she'd whack his butt with a willow tree branch when he was being difficult.

I remember the first time I met Granny Ree, it was right after Jer's and my wedding. He took me to her house and the first thing that feisty woman did was punch Jeremiah arm. She won my heart right there.
I'm sad to say that the last time we saw Granny Ree was at Jillian and Steve's wedding a few years back. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to see her then. I know all of the grandchildren were excited she went.

I love this picture because its a 5 generation picture. In it is Great Granny Ree, Grandma Bonnie, Jer's mom, Jeremiah and Brooklyn!
We love you Granny Ree! Thank you for being the strong, loving, hard working woman that you were.

No comments: