August 27, 2008

So much going on and so little time

Yesterday was a day pact with highs and lows. That morning Brooklyn's preschool teachers came for a home visit and to meet Brook. They gave me so much information it'll take me a while to process it all. :o)
Later that day I took brooklyn to her eye Dr. Appointment. I guess he said that Brooklyn has astigmatisms. The Dr also said that she has probably had problems seeing since birth and has never known what its like to see clearly. He's giving her a half of a prescription until her eyes train themselves to know what clear is. I think she looks cute.

After Brook's appointment I took the kiddos to Burger King to celebrate how brave Brooklyn was for the Dr. They thought that was a treat.
On our drive home, Jer called me to tell me about his day. Jer was working underground yesterday and they were checking for faulty lines. One of the Journeyman guy's was trying to switch the line from being grounded back into normal position when he hooked it up to the wrong place. Jer was the one holding the line and it was HOT! Thank goodness he was wearing his rubber gloves because the 7200 volts of electricity would have killed him. It scared me to death! I just don't know what we would do without Jer. I cried so bad I had to pull our car over. Things like that really give you a wake up call. I hope my husband realizes how much I love him. I just don't think I could raise these kids all on my own. Thank goodness for miracles. I truly feel that Heavenly Father was looking out for Jer that day.


5 comments:

COURTNEY said...

Brook looks so adorable with her glasses! Thank goodness Jer is okay, that is so scary to think about!! You guys have fun on your vacation and tell me all about it when you get back!

Elaine said...

Brooklyn does look cute in glasses. I'm glad that Jer is okay too. What a miracle.

Amanda said...

well I think brook looks adorable and maybe she will want to sit on the couch to watch t.v. now ;) I can't to see you guys 2 days.

Surat Diaries said...

What a chore to keep up with glasses. I'm glad it's you and not me I don't have enough patience. They are pretty darn cute though.

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

Brooklyn looks adorable. your kids are getting so big. I remember when Brooklyn was just a little baby. I hope everything is going well for you and your family. Thank goodness your husband is okay.