August 19, 2008

In the jungle the mighty jungle....

This week we've been busy... I've been getting everything ready for Brooklyn to start preschool. I go to register her today. The kids have been playing up a storm and I thought they were too cute in Brooky's cowgirl hat.

T
This past Sunday we all went out in the garden. It looks like a jungle out there! I've got lots of tomatoes, green chilies, corn, zucchini and pumpkins growing. We even have a little watermelon but it better warm up here or it wont get very big. :o(
That night we found a tiny black kitten that was lost. I called the sheriff's office since the animal control only works Mon-Fri. A nice officer came to pick her up. I'd keep it but Jer is very allergic to cats. Poor Brook cried when she left.

This morning at work a man came in to buy some donuts. He's a sweet mentally handicapped guy who lives here in town. The donut case is self serve but Brett called to me and said "hey you! I need 8 donuts." I got them for him. Then he said, "pick one enie menie minie mo." I did. Then he told me that the girl up front looks hungry so he gave her a donut. I laughed my head off. Brett is a kick in the pants!

3 comments:

COURTNEY said...

If everything else in your garden is as good as the zucchini and squash you gave me then BRAVO!! I made two loaves of zucchini bread out of the zucchini and Rick could not stop raving about them!! Good luck getting Brook signed up for school and definitely call me when you get the chance. Finn has a little program tomorrow at the daycare from 9 to 10 am, but otherwise we'll be at home.

Amanda said...

wow your garden looks great. Make sure to bring brooks cowboy hat so ashlyn and her can wear there hats to the fair. I can't wait we will probably spend all day there so we will pack lots of treats for the kids :) Can't wait to see you guys yipee

Surat Diaries said...

We have been busy in our garden too. Our green beans, peas, corn, and pretty much everything, excluding tomatoes, did well this year. We are canning and freezing like maniacs.