May 21, 2012

Mason's DIBLES Test!


Mason had his DIBLES test with his teacher Mrs. Nelsen on Friday the 18th. I didn't get a picture of them together since he ran upstairs to play at the park as soon as we were done! :-)

I wasn't sure how he would do since this was his first year in Colorado Virtual Academy. I was very pleasantly surprised and proud of little Mason!

First, Mrs. Nelsen asked him to count as high as he could go while she timed him. He counted up to 70 before she stopped him. Then he said, I can count to 100 you know! Oh my modest, modest boy!!!

Then, she had him fill in the missing number such as: 13,_,15,16... He did so well!
After that, he read nonsense words and real words. I really do not like the nonsense words but Mase did very well without having to finger stretch any of the words. Mason can read more than 40 words per minute so he is well above the bench mark for his age! I am just very relieved we are almost done for the year. I am feeling much better about Mason's progress. I wasn't so sure that he was getting there but after seeing the results of his test, I know he is just fine! THANK GOODNESS!


__________________________


I am so thankful for Janae Lucero who watched Dallas and Brooklyn for me while Mase had his test! She was a life saver!!! Especially since she had to deal with Dallas's blow out diaper while I was gone. That's a good friend right there!!!

Afterwards, our kids played at the park a while. Then we took them to Burger King to eat lunch before we went back to her house to let the kids run through the sprinklers! It was busy but a fun day!!!






3 comments:

Havi Andersen said...

I guess all CO schools must use the same tests. I'm glad you are feeling good about where your kids are at...pat yourself on the back, and enjoy your summer!!

Candi said...

Thanks April!! Thank you also for always calling me back or k-mailing me about my concerns for Mason. you have been great this year! Hope we still have you next year!

Courtney said...

Your kids are overachievers ;)I'm glad they are doing so well!