May 21, 2012

Brooklyn's DIBLES Test!


Wednesday Brooklyn had her final DIBLES test of the YEAR! We met at the Fort Morgan Library. I just love Brook's teacher Mrs. Deb! She is awesome at answering my questions and concerns.

I am just so proud of our little Brooklyn! She went from reading 50 words per minute at the beginning of the year to 103 words per minute!!!
Brooklyn passed the bench mark for math concepts and math facts. Deb said that Brooklyn is very good at understanding what she reads. She not only can retell you what the story was about, she knows the most important parts!

Brook is all signed up for Spanish one next year. She can't wait for that! I'm a little nervous but excited as well.

I will admit that during the year, I do get frustrated and often think that I cannot continue, but doing these tests and seeing my kid's progress right in front of me really gives me a boost of confidence and makes me really feel like we are doing good and my kids are more than ready for the next school year!!!




After the test, I let Brook and Mason blow off some steam at the park right behind the library.

No comments: