March 11, 2012

Chickens: End of week ONE





Our little chicks seem to be adjusting well. The little Americanas are settling in with the "big sisters".
I am amazed at how fast these girls are growing! So far the Buff Orpingtons are showing the most developments with their wing feathers and tail feathers growing in. We thought our Reds and Buffs were still teeny tiny until we bought our Americanas and put them all together. They look huge next to the new girls! Ha ha! The Red Leghorn's wing feathers are so beautiful to me! I am so excited to see how they continue to change through these next few weeks!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to have some chicka dee's they are so cute. We got to cal ranch to dream about owning some. One day. I really want the easter egg ones!!

Candi said...

I really think they have been great. Eh i don't love the cleaning out their bin so much but soon they will be big enough to put in the coop and I will shovel out the coop and put it in my garden!