March 21, 2012

Brooklyn's 1st FHE lesson!


We do Family Home Evenings on Tuesday nights because Jeremiah has Fire meeting on Mondays. It was Brooklyn's turn to do the lesson, Mason had closing prayer, Dallas and I had music, and daddy had the snack. I just briefly helped Brook find a subject and gave her the book to read over. To be honest I wasn't sure if it would work or make sense because it was her first time.

She chose the subject of Testimony. What a testimony is.
I can't tell you how impressed both Jeremiah and I were. Brook read the questions, asked us each to give her an answer. She even asked for personal stories as well as shared her own personal experience. Mason sat very still and answered very seriously. She even looked up her own scripture to go along with the lesson. It all made perfect sense. She was very grown up about it. I didn't even expect it to go so well. I found myself laughing and tearing up at the same time.

There has been a huge change in our little girl ever since her baptism. I know the gift of the Holy Ghost is the reason for this change. Brook is growing up and I am so proud of the steps she is taking right now! She definitely going to be giving more FHE lessons from now on. :-)

No comments: