September 8, 2011

A New School Year!

Mason working hard on his 1st math assesment.

My Brooklyn doing Language Arts.



School has officially begun! Once again we are doing Colorado Virtual Academy. The only change this year, I have acquired an additional student.

Mason Todd is my kindergartner this year!!!
We had a rocky start but once we put the family computer in the school room beside the school computer, schooling has been much easier.

Brooklyn is my 2nd grader this year and is such a big help with Mason and Dallas. Usually she starts her lesson on her own while I get Mason started then when she gets stuck or needs help with the reading I switch back and forth.

So far we have started a few motivation charts where the kids earn a sticker each day that they try their best and focus for their lessons. After earning all their stickers, they get a prize!

I am truly amazed at how different each of my children are. Brooklyn is pretty hungry to learn and I feel truly blessed to have her good attitude and helpfulness in the class. Mason is my little boy and he takes after his daddy. He takes quite a bit of coaching and encouragement these days but I think he will get there. Hopefully soon! Ha ha!

I am so interested to see how these two learn and grow this school year!!!

No comments: