September 17, 2011

9 YEARS!


(Okay, I know this is the cheesiest picture you've ever seen but this is what you get when you try to take a picture with one arm.)
Jeremiah and my 9 year wedding anniversary is this Monday, but since we live out of town, we decided to celebrate a couple days early.
Jer's parents were kind enough to watch the kid for us so we could go out for lunch alone at Jambalaya's in Merino, Colorado.
Jambalaya's has some really great Cajun style food. I really loved the jerk chicken wrap I ordered. :-)

I can't believe it has almost been a decade since we were married and sealed to each other for eternity. There are times when it feels just like yesterday that we walked through those doors. Other times I feel like we have been together for much longer than 9 years.

Jer,
I still remember why I fell in love with you 9 years ago. You were funny and cute, you loved your mission and had a great testimony, you got along with your sisters and looked up to your dad. You were adorable with your baby niece. You were so hard working that you had so many jobs it almost killed you.
Those were just some of the reasons you took my heart that long ago.

Now it is 9 years later and I can tell you for a fact that my love for you has grown. I love you because 9 years later you can still make me laugh so hard I almost shoot water through my nose. I love you because you are the most wonderful father and partner I could ask for. I love when you leave me notes outside my door to tell me you've taken the kids for a ride so I could get just a little more sleep. I love the random flowers you come home with, just because. I love how you get a high pitched laugh when you find something funny. I love how your face lights up when the kids come running to you when you get home from work. I love how much you get into your job and always put all you have into it. I love your determination. I love that on a hard day you are the 1st person I want to talk to. I love how you do crazy things or say random things in your sleep. I love that you always want to fix things.

I have realized that it isn't the huge things that have made us grow together through the years, but the little every day things that mean the most.
I love you babe for all that you do and all that you are! Here's to another decade of us!

No comments: