November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
This year we stayed home and celebrated just our family. Brooklyn made fruit salad all by herself and Mason helped make the candied yams! I was amazed at how good they were and how helpful.
Then, while Mommy made the turkey, Daddy and the kids watched the Macy's Day Parade on tv.
I am so full of gratitude this year as we spent time preparing the food I kept thinking of how much our family has been blessed this year. Jer is almost Journeyed out as a lineman, Brooklyn is really progressing in school, Mason is growing more and showing his sweet personality more, Dallas is a happy and healthy little guy. I am so thankful for my family and how they raised me. I am thankful for Jer's family and that they raised him in the gospel. I couldn't ask for a better husband and friend! He is truly my partner and other half. Ever since our anniversary weekend and our temple visit, I have tried to focus on everything we have and not what I want or don't have. Since then, I have been overwhelmed with such thanksgiving! I feel so blessed and I hope to keep this feeling all year long.
My three kids watching the parade.

My big helpers with dinner.

Brook making her salad.

Mase putting marshmallows on his yams.

Dallas was such a goofy guy! Here he is saying Soo Big!

Our plates (minus the fruit salad, candied yams and pumpkin pie).


Ready to Eat!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

looks like you guys had a great day. We all have been blessed so much. My kids love helping in the kitchen too!! I love that Dallas is strapped up to watch t.v. He is getting so big :)