November 3, 2010

Back to the grind stone





So much has happened lately that I hadn't realized I haven't posted an update about Brooklyn's schooling. Ma has recently sent us a box with this book included. I have rediscovered Junie B. Jones. She has this outgoing attitude that so reminds me of our little Brooklyn. Brook and I really enjoyed reading this book together. I can't wait to find more books of Junie B's adventures! Brook's other favorite book lately is Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. I sure like how Mrs. Piggle Wiggle finds inventive cures for many childhood diseases like the talker-backer cure or the wont pick up toys cure.
Brooklyn has been doing very well lately. In fact, in Math on Monday she told me while I was correcting her Checkpoint that she wanted to write the 100 % at the top. And this before I was even finished. She was so sure she was completely right. (well, she was so I let her write the 100). I had to tell her wait a minute! How do you know for sure you didn't make a mistake? She calmly told me because I am smart mommy. Modest aren't we! Ha ha ha!
The picture above is her doing an art project with lines.
I find I am learning new things every day and I sure enjoy spending the time with Brooky. I'm excited and nervous to do this with Mason as well next year. His preschool teacher tells me she thinks he will love the one on one time. I think so too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candi, we LOVE Junie B. Jones!!! There are TONS of them! You can get them at Target (but they don't have ALL of them) or Border's or Barnes and Noble. We def. do love those books. One things that kind of bothers me though is some of the name calling in the books or how often the word Stupid is used... but I guess it's better than some other stuff kids are exposed to.... And, we have a rule with those books: If I here any of that language, then we no longer read those books or own them... Silly rule maybe but I guess it works for us.
Way to go on such a smart little girl! Good for her!!!! :-)

Candi said...

Thanks Erin. I kinda agree but we stop after something like that and we say we don't say that do we? its not nice and Brook usually agrees and so far i havne't had a problem. We will see for the future though.

Amanda said...

good job brook. i am glad things are going so well with the homeschooling. We are fans of Jeanie b jones here too. Shayla loved her books. We only have a few of them but ashlyn has really liked the new books called katie kazoo its cute!