November 23, 2010

Crazy!

One of the things that I am pretty proud of is that we have for the most part, a smooth bedtime routine. Very rarely do I get startled out of bed in the middle of the night or can't seem to find a way to get one or any of my kids to bed but tonight was just-WOW!
Dallas was put to sleep like usual. He was wrapped nice and snug with his blanket and some nice soothing white noise in the background, then all of a sudden he started screaming like he was in pain/scared or possessed or I don't know what!
I tried a couple ounces of milk, pacing, rocking, bouncing, a plug, stripping naked, gas drops, and changing parents (just in case it was me upsetting him). Finally after a long time Jer took him for a little car ride. He seemed to settle down a little but still wouldn't sleep.
When Jer got back we laid him down again and he cried a little but finally went to sleep. I have only experienced that level of hysteria once before with only one other child and that was Mason when we flew to my parent's for my grandpa's funeral. I just don't know how to handle it when they get that upset. Maybe that makes me a bad mom. The only good thing that came out of this night was I am SO happy I didn't loose my cool and freak out. I was VERY very close though.
I still don't know what it was... He wasn't sick, no fever. Maybe a bad dream or gas???
Who knows...

No comments: