September 29, 2010

A new teacher







Yesterday afternoon I took Brooklyn to the Fort Morgan library to meet her 1st grade teacher for the first time. Brooklyn loved her. She is so nice! There, Brook was given a DIBLES test. She tested Brook on her letter naming fluency, phoneme segmentation fluency and her nonsense word fluency. Brook did very well. She tested at low risk and established which are the highest ratings she could get at this point.
I got to set some goals for Brooklyn for this semester.
Afterwards, I let the kids play at the park just outside the library. It was a really nice park with a rock climbing wall. I have never been to the Fort Morgan library before and it made me wish we lived closer so we could get a library card. We just don't travel to that town often enough to make it worth it.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

awesome park. Glad Brook did so well. Knew she would.