September 7, 2010

Buena Vista visit

So, in our usual Smith family style, Jer and I decided to spontaneously drive 4 hours to visit Buena Vista yesterday.
Jer has a friend Cara, who went to mission prep classes with him in high school. She e-mailed Jer about a possible job opening at her husband's electric company called Sangre De Cristo there in BV.
The more information we find out about this tiny 7,000 pop. town, the more I love it. But I really wanted to see for myself if it was something we'd want to set roots down in.
Like usual, 12pm rolls around and I got cabin fever so Jer said why not? The first thing we did was drive down 24 into town. We saw Sangre de cristo, city market, a couple Mexican restaurants (one of which we learned for ourselves never to go eat at again), and subway. We then went down main st. and saw the older part of town, a couple museums, an elementary school and a couple of missionaries! Jer decided to follow them so we could ask them where the nearest branch was. I felt like we were stalking the poor guys. One just about jumped out of his skin when I rolled down my window to ask him our question.
The Branch is so pretty! The whole town is beautiful surrounded by Princeton Mountain and all the other mountains. I felt like I was in one big bowl of mountains in every direction. There were also a couple of neat parks and lots of ponds in the area. Before we left we stopped by Cara and Matt's house. They were so nice. Cara told me more about the branch. It doesn't have a lot of kids I guess. I wonder how that would be? I guess now all we do is wait. I can't help but get excited about this maybe opportunity. It would be just perfect for our family. I wouldn't feel too terribly far from civilization and Jer would get his mountains! I guess we will have to see...














4 comments:

Elaine said...

It looks great. I hope for the best for your family. I hope someday we can move to Colorado (every chance I get I whine to Stuart about it:-)

Amanda said...

I love all the pictures. This would be perfect for jere for sure. We will cross our fingers for you!!! Good Luck

Candi said...

jer overnighted his resume to the company yesterday so I guess its just a waiting game to hear back from them. He'll try calling them in a few weeks to keep him fresh in their thoughts though. We are crossing our fingers too but I don't want to cross them to tightly. haha

baileymom said...

The Bailey Clan in Iowa all send our hope for you that all works out for the best! Good Luck!