October 4, 2010

General Conference

This year I was very excited to watch General Conference. I love listening to the Apostles and Prophet speak. They are so uplifting. It always helps me to reflect on my own life and things I could do to improve. The theme this year kept striking me as getting back to the basics, Spending time with the family, loving one another, helping one another, being grateful, getting out of debt...
I loved Elder Uchtdorf's quote: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication". When the turbulence of life hits, I need to remember to slow down and make sure I have the basics covered. I wish we could have Conference weekend more often.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think that is why we are doing the basics in relief society and priesthood too. The Gospel principles are so simple but I think its a reminder for all of us that it is the time to slow down and enjoy each other and not get hyped in all the "stuff" going on around us. I see that in our ward everyday. Everyone is so busy with there kids activites they don't have time to do there calling or particpate in things that should be done to help proclaim the gospel!

Andie~ said...

I love conf. weekend. We call it pajama's, pancakes and prophets!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Were you guys actually AT conference?! That's an awesome picture!

Candi said...

no we weren't at conference. I wish we lived closer so we could. This is a pic I copied from online. No, we cuddled up at home and watched it on tv.