April 26, 2010

Sweet relief!

While on his mission, Jer was introduced to this drink. Along with it's tradition and heritage, I was interested in learning more about what it's made out of. We drink it occasionally. I have done a lot of research on this plant and here is what I've found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate

I have noticed that I don't feel as hungry between meals anymore and my blood pressure has been very good. Although it does tend to give me more energy. I found that out the hard way when I drank it before bed one night and couldn't sleep. My mind was way too awake.

Since becoming sick, mate has been the only thing that has helped me feel better. So thank you mate for keeping me awake when I should be a zombie and helping my throat feel better from hacking all night long.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Ugh!!!! I've tried that. To each his own I say!

Candi said...

oh believe me, the only way I can stand the bitter taste is adding honey. You get used to the taste though after a while. I buy the kind that has either apple or dried orange mixed in.