February 14, 2010

I love Saturdays!







So, we waited until this Saturday to celebrate with Jer's birthday cake. I made him his favorite chocolate truffle with rocky road in the middle. It tasted amazing but looked pretty bad. Unfortunately I am the worst at being patient when it comes to baking and I tried to take the cakes out of their pans before they were cooled all the way. Therefor I made a pretty crumbly cake. Thank goodness for frosting, it hides everything!






The best part was that Jer's dad came and brought Jer a card. When he opened it up, it was identical to the card that Jer's sister Amanda's family sent! too funny! I guess great minds think alike!






Jer got a game that he's been wanting. So we ate hamburgers, cake and played a little this afternoon.



Happy Birthday honey!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

happy birthday. I hope it was great. Can't wait to try out the new game when we are there. I so love that dad bought that card after I showed him on ovoo and didn't remember! ha ha

Candi said...

yeah it was so funny!