October 7, 2008

Uncle Robert's Cabin

After Granny's funeral, we asked Uncle Robert if we could go up to the cabin for a couple days. He agreed if we'd winterize it before we left. The mountains were amazing! It was especially nice for me and Jer since we hadn't been back since Jer took me to the cabin right after we were married. The cabin and mountains were exactly as I remembered them. All the trees are changing now and I loved all the yellows, greens and oranges!



While we were up there we decided to take the kids for a hike up to the Falls. We had a hard time finding the trail since some cabins had been built and the signs were taken down. We hiked up this really steep hill and realized it was a dead end. I'm so out of shape I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. It was funny though. Soon a man who lived in one of the cabins stopped and showed us the way. The hike was hard but really nice. It was about 3/4 of a mile up hill over rocks and roots. I bet the hikers we passes thought we were crazy to take all our little ones up there. It was worth it though.
this is Mo, Cindy and Aunt Molly by the water fall.

We went for a walk to the river and got a peek at a new cabin being built. The kids had a blast throwing rocks in the river.


Jer "tried" to fish but with all the rocks being thrown it was a lost cause. Ha ha.
We really had a great time with the woods, nature, fires, no TV, no phones and just family. The only thing missing was Jillian, Steve and Addison. I sure hope we can do it again. It was one of the best times I'd ever had.

No comments: