October 18, 2008

Rack time!

This weekend Jer and I made our coat rack that I've been wanting to do for a while now. Our stand up coat rack broke on us a bit ago and I wanted to do something rustic and simple. We bought a remnant piece of wood at home depot for 50 cents and I got a little wood stain, polyurethane and some black hooks. It was so easy and fun.

I even used the extra piece of wood to make a towel rack for our bathroom. I'm pretty proud of my really easy experiment.


I beat up the wood so it would look distressed and aged. I love it! It was great to be able to make two racks for 20 dollars while just one at a store is over 30. Sweet!



7 comments:

Kerri said...

It turned out really nice! Good job! I especially like the distressing you did to the wood.

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

Great job candi! It looks awesome!

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

It looks really cute!! I love that family picture of yours. it looks so good with the waterfall in the background

Elaine said...

Super idea. I'm going to have to copy you!

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

wow! thats awesome! so cute. I totally want to copy you. I have been wanting to put a coat rack up since we don't have one anywhere! You're so creative!

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

Wow! man that is creative. I think the kitchen idea would be way way cute! how do you come up with these things? I'm so not creative at all.. I was making a busy book and drew had to give me ideas! pathetic!

The Merrills said...

Beautiful Candis! You are a woman of many talents. Such a cute family, too! Hopefully things will work out soon and you can move to Idaho with the rest of us :)