June 2, 2008

Our fun weekend in Denver!

This Friday I went to Abbie's to get my hair cut. I was a little stressed because Jer had to work late and I took the kiddos with me. They of course were all over the place. Poor Abbie. Thank goodness we are friends. :)
After my hair cut Jer picked me up for a drive. I was really surprised and excited to find out that he was taking us to Denver for the weekend! We really needed the mini vacation.



We stayed at a hotel that night and the next morning we went to Hammond's Candies Factory for a free tour! It was really great to see how they make their candy. We watched as they mixed the coloring and flavoring in. Our tour guide even gave us one of their homemade marshmallows! SO YUMMY!





After the candy factory Jer and I took the kiddos to the Downtown Denver Aquarium. We walked through exhibits like: The Rain forest, Coral Lagoon, Sunken Temple and Shipwreck. We got to walk through tunnels underwater. Mason loved the Sharks! They even allow diving with the fishes and sharks. That would be so cool.























At the end Jer and I got to touch stingray and feed them. Brooklyn was too scared but she loved to watch.
We really needed this break. We stayed until Sunday. It was really nice to be able to swim in the hotel pool every morning. I wish we could live in a hotel. haha.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

sounds like fun...I need one of those. OH by the way I tagged you. Have a great week.

Elaine said...

that sounds so nice. you guys are a cool family.