September 11, 2012

Looking back...


It amazes me that Jeremiah was on his mission the day the twin towers fell.
If you ask him, he can still tell you how it felt to be on a mission with such chaos all around 

I still remember clear as day that I was working at Subway in down town Easton. The radio announced the plane crashing. No one spoke, everyone just sat in booths in shock. Then when the plane crashed in Harrisburg, PA so close to home it really hit me that our country was attacked. It was the first time I ever felt the full impact of such evil.

That time was so full of sadness and fear but I also remember the following weeks and months. People were kinder to one another. If we knew of someone who had been spared, we felt the tender mercies of our God. I can't even count how many people I heard that were supposed to go into the city but for some small miracle they called in sick or stopped to get breakfast ect... It is still a wonder to me.

To me, when I look back at the day the twin towers fell, I feel sad for what happened but more than that I feel a great pride in our Country and in the men and women who lost their lives to help another. I feel closer to our Father in Heaven who is aware of us and if it wasn't time to be called home, he blessed those who still had work here to do. It reminds me that we are stronger than our enemies give us credit for.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow jere was young! haha I remember going there for your wedding. Going there a year later and things were still in shambles. I'm so glad that Jere was ok!