September 3, 2012

Getting school done!

August 29, 2012





Well, we've made it through a full 2 weeks of school now. Our routine is getting all worked out. Both Brooklyn and Mason have full plates this year but we are able to handle it so far. I am amazed at how much Mase has changed even from last year. He has to write more sentences this year. Last year he would have cried and fought me tooth and nail. This year I get a whine but then he buckles down and writes them. I'm so proud of him!

Brook is such a big girl. She pretty much gets going on her lessons all by herself. I have my teacher's manual out and read her the instructions, but I pretty much leave her to do her thing. I check her work and if she seems like she is struggling, I have Mase take a snack break while she and I go over it. Its been working out so far!

Little Dallas is the one I need to give a little extra attention to this year. I usually give him some toys or books and put on a movie (sometimes) and he is pretty good. Every once in a while it gets too quiet in the living room so I find him smashing his fishy crackers into the carpet or pulling all of the baby wipes out of the container. He loves to climb onto the counter and help himself to snacks! Every once in a while he will just barge into the school room and demand attention. But for the most part, he is a pretty good boy. Nap time is a great time for us during school! Dallas loves to watch Mason do his Reading Eggs on the computer and I even noticed Dallas copy Mason every time he reads. No wonder our baby boy is speaking a lot better these days!



No comments: