January 18, 2009

My 5 year old girl

This weekend Jer's mom and dad came back from Jill's baby blessing. They brought Brooklyn some belated birthday presents. She was so excited to get MORE presents! Thank you everyone you made Brook's birthday so nice.

ken clothes and books from Grandma and Grandpa Mo

Hannah Montana shirt, CTR ring, skittles and cards from Aunt Amanda, Uncle Dan, Ashlyn, Logan and Kennedy

Spongebob crabby patty candies and a ken doll from Aunt Jillian, Uncle Steve and Addison



Five years ago today I was scared out of my mind! I remember walking into the hospital to be induced on January 15th. By 9:30pm they broke my water and I remember laughing my head off while Jillian and her boyfriend danced around my hospital room. The pains that night were unreal and by 1pm Brooklyn Kathleen Smith was born via c-section.

She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. As I held this perfect little round head in my arms and looked into her dark blue/grey eyes, I know I felt my mom rejoicing around me. Brooklyn has been a little ray of sunshine in our lives. She IS happiness. She gives her love away so freely and I can't imagine our lives without her.

Today she is five and all I can do it think back through the years and how much she has grown. From her little 1 year old scrunched up nose to her favorite Shek movie she has made us laugh time and time again.

The birthday girl

Make a wish!



presents from Grandma and Grandpa Davis




Opening presents from Grandma and Grandpa Liggett




Barbies from mom and dad and mason!








2 comments:

Amanda said...

looks like she had tons of fun. Wish we could of been there. But I know she will love what we got her and the ctr ring is the in presant too so look for that. Happy birthday brook

Unknown said...

I didn't realize she was only 4 - wow, she is quite smart! She seems so much older given all that she is able to do. You are a great Mom!

Happy Birthday Brooklyn~!