May 9, 2011

Easter/Mother's Day!


Because i didn't get pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits on Easter, I got them on Mother's Day.
This year wasn't as difficult for me. I think it was due to the fact that we have been so overwhelmingly busy that I haven't had time to even feel sad. For that, I am grateful!!!

This Mother's day, my parents sent me some beautiful flowers! Jer and the kids gave me cards and a movie. We spent time together and Jer even cleaned and folded all of the laundry! That was the best!

I just want to post my feelings on Mother's, it goes something like this:

"May each of us treasure this truth: One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one." - Thomas S. Monson



I love this quote! I had a great testimony of women and motherhood before I became a mother because of the amazing example i had growing up of my own mom. Now that I am a mother, my feelings go even deeper. I get glimpses of how our Father in Heaven must feel sometimes. The joy he must feel when we obey and grow and the heartache he must endure when we chose contrary to his teachings. I completely believe that we have a Heavenly Mother who loves us!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

cute dresses candi! Glad you had a wonderful mothers day.