February 13, 2011

Idaho Trip- Grandma Bailey

The second stop on our trip was to spend a night at my Grandma Bailey's house in Rigby. It was so nice to see grandma and visit with her. I love hearing her tell stories, share trade secrets and recipes. It almost broke my heart to leave. It had been way too long since we'd been able to make a trip back.
As a kid I always got super excited as soon as we turned onto Grandma and Grandpa's long driveway. As an adult, I realized that I still get excited to drive that path!
Here is Grandma's house!

Here is little Dallas having fun rocking on one of Grandma's chair's from Peru. He was so curious our entire stay! I'm so happy Grandma had the play room upstairs or else I might have been super stressed that the kids would break anything. :-)

This is my favorite picture of grandma with Dallas. I just love her smile!

Grandma with Mason. The last time she saw him, he was just a baby.

Grandma with Brooklyn Kathleen.

This has always been the favorite gathering place in the house for me, in the kitchen cooking with grandma or just talking with her.

Believe it or not, I used to play on this same giraffe as a kid. Dallas loved it too!

2 comments:

jamie said...

Lucky!!!! How fun that you got to make that trip out to Idaho, and wonderful that you got to see grandma.

Candi said...

I'm hoping that next time we can make it out that way when more family will be there! :D