February 17, 2011

Grandma Bonnie


This morning we got a call that Jer's Grandma Bonnie passed away last night. It was a sad moment, but I also felt relief. Relief for Grandma because we know that she is no longer in any pain. Relief that she can finally see her son Barry again.
Grandma Bonnie was a very private person. Some might say she was hard to get close to. But I will always be grateful to Grandma for making me feel so loved and thought of. I remember that she used to call just to talk. She was always concerned about her grandchildren. One moment that I will always remember was not long ago Bonnie was having a hard day. She had gone into almost a comatose state. She couldn't talk or move. We were there to visit her and as soon as we put baby Dallas close to her she opened her eyes and said "Hi". It was the only thing she said that whole time but I know she knew we were there and she was happy to see us.
Grandma Bonnie,
Thank you for all your love and support. Thank you for the calls just when I seemed to need them. We will miss you a lot but I truly know you are where you need to be now. We love you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

what a sweet tribute. Thanks Candi.

Havi Andersen said...

Those are nice memories. YOu always have really good things to say about people. (Something very similar happened with Taylor when she was a newborn and we visited my grampa. I guess pure spirits communicate.)