December 14, 2010

Our weekend

After the crazy stressful week we just had, our little weekend in Fort Collins was exactly what we needed!
I really feel that my cousin Jamie was inspired to call us to invite us to visit.
We had such fun ice skating, meeting real life reindeer, eating yummy food and visiting!
I didn't get any ice skating pictures because, well I was too busy trying not to fall down and break anything. Ha ha!
Jamie and I ended up taking the bigger kids skating while the dads took the younger ones back to the vans to keep warm. The weather seemed deceptively warmer than it actually was.
Jamie is such a fun mom! She was so sweet. She even thought to bring hot chocolate for the kids. It was a special secret, and lets face it, secret hot chocolate is way cooler than regular hot chocolate. The kids were so excited. I asked Mason is he had fun and he said not very much because he can't ice skate very well. I said well neither can I but I still had fun. He just replied with "oh", like he hadn't thought of it that way before.
What a crack up!
All in all, we had a blast playing and visiting, telling mission stories and memories! I feel so lucky to be near this family. It feels like a rare chance to get to know them better and I'm so happy we went.











1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds and looks like fun. I am sure the kids loved it.