December 19, 2010

Christmas treats!

















One of my favorite Holiday traditions is baking and making treats with my family!
Brooklyn and Mason were such amazing helpers this week. I thought it would be crazy and chaotic with a lot of fighting but they were so sweet and took turns very well. While we listened to Christmas music, they helped me make my family's traditional Christmas caramels. We made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the neighbors and then later, as a family we made a ginger bread house! It makes me so happy to see these family traditions being passed down. I hope my children will be teaching their children how important it is to do things as a family and talk about the real meaning of Christmas.




2 comments:

Amanda said...

awww...look how sweet they are being. I showed my kids. I wish this would happen more often in my home. Merry Christmas guys and gals. We love ya

Candi said...

oh believe me, with the way they've been acting lately, this was a rare moment! hehe It must be the holiday making all the kids crazy!