December 18, 2010

Awesome News!

These past two weeks have just been so stressful and I wasn't able to blog about it because nothing was really concrete until now.
Jer was having some difficulties at work for a long time and one morning last week Jeremiah woke up and told me that he just got this sudden hit over the head with bricks feeling that this career wasn't right for him.
Being married to Jer for 8 years, experience has taught me to trust these little feelings he gets. Every time we have followed them, we have moved and it always turned out to be the right thing for us. This time though was different. I completely trusted him that his job might not be right but what he wanted to do next, that was harder for me to swallow. Jer wasn't 100 percent sure what the next step was but the only thing he could think of was for him to go back to school at BYU-I and get another degree. In the past I usually would react with excitement and really want to just go and get going with our new life, but this time all I felt was dread and depression about the thought. I felt guilty for not supporting my husband in this decision and all I could do was pray it would work out.
About two days ago Jer came home and told me about a new position that just opened up at his current company. Its an Electrical Meter Technician. It would consist of repairing and installing power meters. The current guy doing it is retiring in February. So he and I discussed this job and all the pros and cons if he applied for it. Right away we both knew this was an answer to our prayers! It is a change from his current job, he won't be climbing poles anymore, he'll be in the office most of the time, he'll get specific training for it, he may not Journey out just yet but all of his current work and hours wont just be wasted. We'll save those and maybe he can Journey out later. Jer will be able to come home for lunch every day, he won't have to work overtime or be on call anymore so that means he'll be able to go to church with me every Sunday!!! Its a little of a pay cut but within 6 months we will be making what we make now.
Yesterday Jer's boss talked with him and he thinks Jer is great for the job and he got it!
This whole experience really made me feel so happy that we have been trying so hard recently to pray as a family and read our scriptures. I have felt more in tune with the Spirit and we feel our Heavenly Father's guidance. If Jer hadn't gotten that hit over the head with bricks feeling, we both are certain Jer wouldn't of thought twice about applying for this technician job. Guess we had to go through the crazy emotional roller coaster to realize what we really wanted and what we needed.
I LOVE you Jer! I love your hard work and how your number one priority is to be with your family and take care of us. Thank you for caring about my feelings and your willingness to put yourself aside to make me happy. I will never forget that honey. You are the best!!!

5 comments:

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

Hey hun! I just read your post and I can relate to that so much right now. As a family right now we are struggling with something similar to that along with other things but anyway. I won't go into details. But Ephraim has to look for another job. This worried me soo much because we just bought a house and we have a new baby on the way. ANYWAY we've been praying a lot and hopefully it will pay off but your post gave me hope that our prayers will be answered. I'm sure it won't be in the way we want it to be but are hoping that our prayers will be answered in HIS way.

Candi said...

Erika! Thanks for commenting. Just keep praying and doing everything you are supposed to and I promise it will work out. This is career choice number 4 for us and it has always worked out. Good luck! let me know how it goes. Remember Heavenly Father loves you and will take care of his children. Even if we don't see it right away.

Havi Andersen said...

I'm happy for you guys!

Candi said...

Thanks Havilah! And thanks again for your comments in class. they were great!

jamie said...

We are so happy for you guys! And happy for us too - we don't want you moving far away from us! Thanks for the update.