May 4, 2010

Wish I could just skip it (*warning* read at your own risk)


Every year its the same. The painful to watch commercials come on, everyone seems to be talking about it, and it surrounds you at stores. Spring is in the air and along with that comes Mother's Day. I wish I could just skip it all together. I know this sounds horrible but to me this time of year seems even worse than Christmas or any other holiday. Its an awful reminder that I can't talk to my mom or show her how much I miss her and still need her. This year is especially bad because Jer has to go to hot line school that weekend. I guess I'll be home alone with the kids this year. Frankly, I'm not upset about being alone that day. I only wish I could just sleep it away this year. I try to put on a brave face for the kids. I hope it'll get better when they are older. Sorry if I sound depressing and anti mothers. I promise I love mothers and motherhood. I'll be better as soon as this weekend passes.

5 comments:

baileymom said...

I know what you mean! And I even still have my mom. It's just that even when my family remembers, it's like they "have" to do it, because of all the hype. Also don't like Valentine's Day.

Ofamily said...

It is hard when you don't have your Mom around - even when you are a Mommy!
Your kiddo's are so blessed to have you for their Mommy! Enjoy your kids that day.
It's kind of just another day around here too.
Hugs!!

Havi Andersen said...

I hope your weekend is relatively calm and relaxing. Thinking about moms and not being able to call or write to yours would be hard. I'm sure she's proud of you though! And I'm finding that kids become more thoughtful as they get older. Hang in there!

Elaine said...

Hang in there Candi! You are a great woman and you have a very sweet family. I found this article while researching for my "Mother's Day talk' and I thought of you. http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4499&Itemid=200045

Candi said...

Thanks you guys!