May 6, 2010

herbs





After talking with a friend yesterday, about an herb garden I decided to take the plunge and went to our local Akron green house. I bought basil, dill, thyme, and cilantro. I must say that one of my favorite things about living in a small town is the mentality that we help one another. I only needed a little bit of dirt for these plants and they didn't have a small bag for sale so the sale's woman took a huge brown paper bag and filled it up with their really good soil and only charged me 6 bucks for it! So nice! She even gave me tips on how to grow a garden directly out of a large bag of soil. I didn't think it could be done but she said it would be just fine as long as I left a few inches of the plastic edges. I'm going to try it this year since I can't dig my own garden in our yard.

No comments: