March 9, 2009

Can't sleep

Restlessness. Nothing that a hot cup of peppermint tea can't cure.



Last night Jer and I started something new. One night he'll read the Book of Mormon in Spanish while I follow along in English, then we will switch.
Tonight it was my turn to read in Spanish. Let me tell you, I am rusty! I know that I can still pick out words and piece together the meanings. We kept laughing at my pronunciations and misinterpretations. Uggg! I just hope that by the end of the whole book I will have learned how to at least read it the right way.
It is nice to read the scriptures together again. My family used to read the scriptures in Spanish when I was little. My dad went on a mission for the church to Ecuador when he was 19. I love it that my dad and my husband can both speak Spanish. I'm hoping to get good enough to help teach our children one day. That will be a miracle!



2 comments:

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

I know it's hard. Even though I am spanish, It's very hard to read the Book of Mormon. A lot of the words are hard to pronounce. Stay strong though! Just keep practicing and you'll get better.

Jen and Joe said...

what a novel idea (no pun intended) i love it, keep it up.