June 12, 2013

Hanging out on the Potty!


Well it is round 2 with potty training Dallas.
I must admit out of all the things I teach my kids, potty training is the one I dread. If I could hire out potty training... I totally would!!!!

I just don't feel like I have the patience or skill to be a very effective potty trainer. My mind wanders or I get busy and before I know it I've forgotten to ask Dallas if he needs to potty. Luckily, he seems to be getting the hang of going pee in the potty but we have yet to tackle... dun dun dun! Number 2! Frankly, it scares me. I know he is terrified so he holds it and I am at a loss on how to make him comfortable with it. 

Brooklyn was such an easy child to potty train. It only took her a few days and she never had accidents at night. Mason was a whole other ball game. It took 5 different tries within almost a year. I tried numerous tactics from treats to stickers and finally a money jar worked. Perhaps it is because it was so hard for him to learn, I feel trepidation about teaching Dallas.

Well fingers crossed I find out what works for Dal and soon or I just may lose my mind. Ha ha! 

No comments: