January 8, 2013

Dallas VS the Potty!


Look I went pee pee in the potty!

Look at my new skivvies!

Yes! I did it!!!


Lately Dallas has been coming to me to tell me he wants to go to the bathroom. Usually I would smile and take him but really knew it was only because an older brother or sister just said they needed to go. Today he was very insistent so while we were in Sterling for Mason's ear appointment we picked Dallas up some big boy skivvies. When we got home I just decided we would introduce the underpants and show him the little potty and see what happens. I really wasn't planning on making him do anything yet but he wanted to try the skivvies on so I explained to him that when we feel like we need to go pee pee we run run run to the potty and sit down. Then I showed him how to hold himself down so he doesn't spray all over (I learned this one the hard way with Mason's potty training ;-)). Then we pee in the potty. The next thing I knew Dallas was peeing. It was only a little bit but we made a huge deal about it and he got very excited. Mommy gave him a little skittle candy as a reward for going pee pee. We ran down stairs to tell daddy the exciting news! After we came back upstairs for a little while Dallas wanted to try again and this time he went a lot! He washed his hands and got another skittle. I was beginning to think he just may be the easiest potty trained kid in my house when.... Dun Dun Dun!!! Dallas went number 2 in his skivvies. I acted like it was no big deal we just need to clean ourselves up but Dallas melted down. He kept screaming and crying and said don't hurt me don't hurt me! I think it terrified him to poo poo in the potty. I don't know why! So we cleaned up and I washed his underpants and I gave Dal a choice to either wear a diaper again or skivvies. he happily chose the skivvies but 2 minutes later Dal started to pee. I changed him again and by this time he was over this new experience! He gladly put on a diaper and to be honest I was pretty relieved as well.

Overall I say Dallas has 2 points and the potty has 2 points so its a TIE! For a first try, I'd say it was a success! My little baby is sure growing up fast!!


No comments: