October 6, 2011

Busy busy busy!

This past week, we have been crazy busy. It seems like everyone in town is dog sick and I got it. Jer caught it from me a couple days later. Luckily, the kids stayed healthy.
Sometimes, it seems like its worse for the parents to be sick than the kids because we still have to teach school, clean, cook and keep on working. The week passed in a haze to me. I know we worked on school. I spent a couple days of school teaching from my couch and snuggled in a blanket. Jer actually ended up taking a day off of work to help me and then when he got sick, he took another day off for himself.

SATURDAY~
Jer ended up taking Brooklyn to her volleyball game on Saturday. I was too sick to go. Her team won! She sure enjoyed that time with dad alone.

Sunday~
 We watched General Conference. I had the big kids sit down with paper and crayons. Brooklyn took notes and Mason drew pictures of what they thought was important. I was pretty impressed with how well the kids listened.
There were a few talks that I loved on Sunday but the main over all message I got out of conference this year was to be bold, make a choice, be an example in these times and follow our Savior. I counted several times that the speakers said to fear not, and stressed that we need to Choose for ourselves. I kinda felt like they were trying to say okay brothers and sisters, its the last days, you've had plenty of time. Now its your turn to show us if you believe what you say you believe. I love the spirit that always comes into our home when we listen to Conference. I guess it helps that we are reading about King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon right now. It really helped me get ready to listen to the Prophet and Apostles.

Monday~
Jer and I got back our contractor's bids for the house we are building and they were higher than we expected. The next day I made an appointment to look at a few houses for sale here in town. That way we'd have options and weren't limiting our choices. Only one property looked descent but we still felt like we would be sacrificing so much space for the money.
That realization brought us back to the drawing board with the building project and after many phone calls, we were able to knock quite a bit off of our end price. I just realized it's better to do without some of those end finishes for now and still get the house than it would be to give up the whole project altogether. On top of that, there were ways to put some sweat equity into it and keep the cost down.

Thursday~
Jeremiah talked with the bank today and by Monday, if everything goes smoothly, we should be signing an agreement for the land and after we sign an agreement with our contractor we will be on our way to actually starting our dream home. If the bank goes well, we will be hopefully starting the house the last week of this month!

I have learned so much with this experience. Most of all, I've learned that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy.
In the grand scheme of things, building or buying a house isn't all that important, but because he is my Father and he loves me, I know that he cares what happens to me. I know that if we work hard enough and keep him involved with the decisions, things will work out.

No comments: