October 29, 2011

And life goes on...


I've been avoiding this post for a few days now because it is hard to talk about. The short and sweet version is that we wont be able to build our house. We got news from the bank stating that the house needed to appraise for a certain amount to get a full coverage building loan and it didn't. We'd needed quite a bit of a down payment to continue. That was money we just didn't have.

I was feeling quite sorry for myself these past couple weeks. It is funny to me how the Lord teaches us through the times you really don't want to hear it. I was especially down and even though I was sad, I kept getting these thoughts that maybe there is a good reason why it didn't work out. Maybe in the long run, we wouldn't be able to afford a brand new house. Maybe I just needed to learn to be happy with what I have and not covet the things I can't have.

All of these thoughts kept running through my mind. Jer and I decided to once again go house hunting for something that is already here. We came upon a home that has been on the market since we moved here (about 4 years ago). At the time, they were asking more than we could afford. Now, four years later the house price has dropped enough that it was worth taking a look at. What we found was a home that is rough around the edges but with a little love and care, has the potential to be our dream home.

Jer and I mulled it over and prayed about it and decided to put in an offer! We were countered and ultimately accepted their counter.

Now the hard part, waiting and hoping all the inspections and appraisals turn out okay.

Here is to hoping!

3 comments:

Havi Andersen said...

I like being able to read your blog again (one day it magically re-appeared). I'm sorry your house didn't work, butglad you've found something. I hope it goes well for you! I remember so well when we felt like we needed to buy. Now I wonder if it is really as important as we think. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father doesn't care where we live...although we sure do, so here's hoping all works out for you. I know I'm glad you're still in Sterling! (Watch out, 3 or 4 years quickly becomes 13 or 14!)

jamie said...

Oh my goodness, Candi. What a roller coaster this has been! Good luck with the inspection and appraisal. It'll sure be nice when you are finally settled.

Candi said...

Yeah, I took the blog off of private. its too hard for people to see it when it is.


I think our biggest push for wanted a house is how unsettling it is to constantly be asked to leave the house when others want to look at it. I never feel settled or at home renting here. besides, we have rented for over 9 years. I feels like its time.


Thanks Jamie! I can't wait to have you guys over when its ready!