April 3, 2011

Conference Weekend is the Best!

All ready for Conference!

I think there were a lot of Temple words said. Look at Brook's chipmunk cheeks!?

Saturday night we set up the camping tent in the basement. Brook and Mason had so much fun!

They were so stinkin' excited!

Dallas has been such a good boy lately. So happy and playful! He sure is going to miss his daddy while he's away on a work trip this week.

I just love this man to death! I love his expressions when he speaks and when he puts his hands out like this. I just can feel the love he has for each of us!

I LOVE Conference Weekend! This year I tried to be more prepared. I wanted my kids to be more involved and listen better so I printed off a Conference activity packet from http://www.sugardoodle.net/ . Then I remember my cousin making snack bowls and had her kids eat one snack when they heard special words. I did that too and it worked like a charm! Our words were family, testimony, faith, temples, Jesus Christ, scriptures and Holy Ghost!
This was the first conference my kids made it almost all the way through! That is so exciting to me! Jer and I were able to take notes and really get the most out of it. I can finally see a day when I will be able to make it through a meeting when my kids wont interrupt! Hurray!!! Thanks Jamie for the great idea! 


My favorite talks this Conference were...
Saturday Conference
 Jean A. Stevens talk about our little ones and following their examples of faith and forgiveness.

President Eyring spoke about having charity.


Sunday
President Uchtdorf and how the Lord expects us to open our mouths to share the gospel.

Paul v. Johnson said that after our darkest test is our greatest growth and we should not resent our trials but be grateful for them. I loved that. It really hit home with me lately. I really need to not resent my trials.

I loved David A. Bednar's analogy of the light, how the dark room and the light switch coming on is sudden brightness and then the sunrise is gradual light. Revelation is like both examples and I loved how he pointed out that we glorify the sudden revelations but overlook the little gradual revelations that we hardly notice. I had felt from time to time that maybe my testimony was not as strong because i haven't had the hit over the head revelations like I have in the past but Bednar's talk reassured me that I just haven't seen all the wonderful sunrise revelations in my life!

I am totally excited that Fort Collins is getting a Temple!!! It is a little closer to us and I hope that it will make it easier to switch off watching kids with another family so we might be able to attend more often. :-)

Elder Richard G. Scott was another favorite. I loved his council to us Married couples and how we need to show expressions of love more.

Lynn G. Robbins had a great talk about Being and Doing. I need to Be more often. Especially with my kids. He gave GREAT council about parenting. I loved it!

Those were my favorites and the ones that really hit home this April Conference. I really hope you all were uplifted and feel just as spiritually fed as I do!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing and reminding me. Next year hopefully I can take notes...we do what we can do right?

Candi said...

exactly! This was the 1st year i was even able to and i still missed a lot.

baileymom said...

I love taking notes--otherwise, I'd start to space off. We loved conference too.