March 3, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Lately, to get away and have a little alone time I've been reading or watching movies on Netflix. My latest obsession is the book called North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I don't have the time or the energy to read anything that requires too much study except my scriptures so I've been reading mainly for pleasure. This book was so great! I loved it with all its layers of drama and tension. Of course I did stay up way too late one night to finish it, and paid a price for that the next day. It was worth it though.


Many of you know us and know that we LOVE to watch movies as a family. Now that we have small children it is nearly impossible to find someone to watch the kids while we make it to the theater let alone too expensive. That is why I can't say enough about Netflix! We love that we can get comfy, snuggle up with the kids or just us two (while the kids play in another room) and step into another world for an hour or two.
One of the more recent flicks we've watched was Love Happens we loved it. I highly recommend it to all of you.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a good book, I will have to check it out. see ya soon

COURTNEY said...

If you guys need a night out, you can always drop the kids off at my house. I'm having serious baby withdrawal now that Jake's a toddler and my kids would LOVE having your kids over to play! Keep it in mind!

jamie said...

Ryan's parents just lent us this BBC movie. I hadn't ever heard of it before. We LOVED the movie - and stayed up late a couple of nights in a row to finish it. (It's like pride and prejudice in a lot of ways - one way is that it's a few disks long.)

Candi said...

Amanda, I hope you do read it. I think you'll like it. :-)

Thanks Courtney! I really appreciate that. We'll have to take you up on it one day.

Jamie- I agree it is a lot like pride and prejudice only I think I may like it better. :-) Glad you like the movie. I did too. I'd like to own it some day.

Kerri said...

You should definitely rent the Masterpiece Theatre version of Gaskell's North and South. It is definitely one of my favorite movies. Paul and I also really enjoyed Love Happens.

baileymom said...

Catherine gave me the movie for my birthday, and we loved it too! Then we lent it to Jamie & Ryan. Now I'm reading "Wives and Daughters", by the same author.