March 15, 2010

Baby Blessing!

Our baby boy Dallas Bryant Smith

The Burt family: Dan, Amanda, Ashlyn, Logan and Kennedy

My Cousins the Bailey Family: Ryan, Jamie, Emma, Marta, and Jane


Mom and Dad Smith, Courtney and Shayla




We were so blessed to be able to bless little Dallas on Sunday. Grandma Bailey made us his blessing blanket. We had almost all of Jer's family there. (Jillian and her family couldn't come). My parents weren't able to come but my cousin's family was present. I loved seeing all of the little cousins play together! They were so cute.
The blessing itself went smoothly after a little flustering in the beginning.
Here is what was said for those who weren't able to hear it:
Dallas Bryant Smith
Bless you to be able to grow strong. To be able to gain knowledge of this world and to be of good health.
Bless you to have callings in the church and be a leader.
Bless you to be an example to others both in and outside of the church.
Bless you to serve a mission one day and influence those looking into the church.
You will be able to handle trials handed to you.
It never fails to amaze me how amazing these priesthood blessings are. Each time I hear or am given one it reconfirms to me just how much our Father in Heaven loves us so much!



No comments: